Toenail fungus is typify by stout, stained or yellowish nails that can also turn out easily broken and chip away. Trying to get rid of toenail fungus can be quite costly, whether it is by way of chronic general practitioner visit and prescriptions or over the counter treatments. A cheap means to treat toenail fungus is through sea salt. Toenail fungus has been one of the causes of restlessness and discomfiture for people who have it. Sea salt popularity may apparently be geared towards cooking, but it also has its own benefits when it comes to treating particular body diseases and contamination. Sea salt may be used as an inexpensive treatment means compared to drugs and doctor prescriptions. Following are step to treat your nails with sea salt.
- Prepare washing basin for water. Half fill basin with hot water, just pour an amount that cover the toes. The temperature of the water should be the hottest in which your feet can stand.
- Arrange your basin in that way that direction of water should be towards your toe. You can also use towel or piece of wood or stone under your basin.
- Remove your feet from the basin, add a cup of hydrogen peroxide in same hot water basin and let it mix. Now dip your toes slowly in the water.
- Again remove your toes from the water. Take a small quantity of sea salt and pour it on your toes. Just wait for 3 minutes for the sea salt to actually be on your toenail. While your toes are outside the basin, add 1.5 cups of sea salt into the basin with water and hydrogen peroxide. After, put your toes back in the water with hydrogen peroxide to soak. For about20-30 minutes.
- Remove toes from water, after 20-30 minutes, let your toes dry by simply patting them. Start massaging gently your toes and feet. This shall help in promoting circulation to this area.
- Put 1-2 drops of vinegar to your infected toenail; make sure that it is uncovered. Do not wear socks or shoes. You may wear slippers and sandals if you are going out.