If there’s been one luxury beauty trend on the runway to take note of in the last year, it’s the colored eyelids and lashes that have dominated couture shows. In a makeup land somewhere between dramatic and archetypal, this look smacks a good note with spectators this season. And since most fashion trends start with haute couture’s masters, we think this look will tread heavily right off the runway and onto the walkway.
Spend some time emphasizing your eyes by painting your eyelashes in new and exciting ways. Use basic black and brown mascara to create classic, elegant looks.
- Clean your eyelashes of all makeup. Use an eyelash curler to gently shape each lash. Use an eyebrow comb or brush to separate the lashes.
- Apply a mascara foundation if use one.
- Brush your lashes with colors from the rainbow. Mascara is available from cosmetic manufacturers in shades of greens, blues, and reds and purple.
- Match your hair with traditional black mascara or your dress with disco blue. Pure white and glitter mascara is available from your local or online cosmetic retailer.
- Paint colored highlights on your lashes with a highlighting mascara kit. Brush on a base coat of any colored mascara, and then highlight individual lashes with bold strokes of color.
- Let your natural lashes shine through. Apply clear mascara to your eyelashes.
- Dust a dab of metallic eye shadow on your eyelashes. Apply eye shadow to your eyelashes with a clean sponge while your mascara is still wet. Paint one eye at a time to prevent your mascara from drying.
- Go neon for the ultimate in painted eyelashes. Purchase neon colored mascara or merely dab some neon eyeliner on the tips of your lashes.